Re: Developing 150-page docs in MS Word XP

Subject: Re: Developing 150-page docs in MS Word XP
From: "Guy K. Haas" <guy -at- hiskeyboard -dot- com>
To: TECHWR-L <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Wed, 18 Feb 2004 11:52:02 -0800

Benjamin Keevil wrote:

Does anyone have any experience using the Master Document and Sub-Document
feature in Word XP (2002) Professional with 150-page documents? Does it
work?

OK -- we hear testimony that Word (with enough memory) CAN handle a 150-page document. I have been using Framemaker (5.6, if anyone cares) for 500-page documents. Does OpenOffice/StarOffice offer Master Docs? If so, does it work THERE?

--
Guy K. Haas
guy -at- hiskeyboard -dot- com | gkhaas -at- usa -dot- net