RE: To XML or to UI

Subject: RE: To XML or to UI
From: Kat Nagel <mlists -at- masterworkconsulting -dot- com>
To: John Posada <JPosada -at- isogon -dot- com>, TECHWR-L <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Thu, 19 Feb 2004 14:43:29 -0500

At 01:23 PM -0500 2004-02-19, John Posada wrote:

Kat
training sessions, and you could be on track for
more interesting assignments and possibly eventual
direct hire and promotion, if that's what you want.
Even if you prefer to remain a contractor

Kat...I AM a direct hire on this gig.

Sorry, didn't realize that. I thought it was another contract gig like the B&N job.

The thing is..and I appreciate how valuable this UI training would be
for a specific path, I'm a technical writer and I don't have aspirations
to changing to development or Application User Interface Design. Advance
in technical writing? SURE. Devise systems for enterprise level
management of content? Ubet! However, I see two paths I want to take and
they goes something like this.

XML -> Database -> Single Sourcing
UML -> PMP Certification

Your boss may be sounding you out about a possible third path:
TW expertise + acquiring UI design expertise
-> eventual management of a team that includes both responsibilities

Possible? You obviously know the situation and the people involved better than we do.

--
K@
Kat Nagel, MasterWork Consulting

585.820.4045
katnagel -at- masterworkconsulting -dot- com

.