Re: Best idea of the week, make that year. Yeah, yeah, I know the year just started

Subject: Re: Best idea of the week, make that year. Yeah, yeah, I know the year just started
From: k k <turnleftatnowhere -at- yahoo -dot- com>
To: Dick Margulis <margulis -at- fiam -dot- net>
Date: Mon, 23 Feb 2004 20:51:10 -0800 (PST)

> Maybe the design
> ain't so bad after
> all, d'ya think? So we come back to the type of
> back-channel
> communication that started this thread--a reasonable
> approach to solving
> a business problem that can arise with third-party
> billing of online
> purchases.

This is the last time I'll bother to post publicly on
this thread.

Why do people keep reading things into my posts that I
did not put there? I did not say that it was a bad
design. I did not say it was a good design. I offered
no value judgements either way. I addressed *the way
it is*.

It is not reasonable to think that a UI designer can
drive any changes to the practices followed in
processing printing credit card transactions and
printing those monthly statements. You're talking
about changes that would have to be industry-wide. A
UI designer does not have the authority, or the
business expertise, or even the channels of
communication to those who do, to be able to do
anything about it. You may as well expect the generals
to listen to the corporals about how to run the 5th
Army. Argue all you want about how it would be a good
thing, it just ain't gonna happen in the real world.

http://antispam.yahoo.com/tools