RE: It did happen on a Friday...

Subject: RE: It did happen on a Friday...
To: "'karen_otto -at- agilent -dot- com'" <karen_otto -at- agilent -dot- com>, TECHWR-L <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Tue, 24 Feb 2004 09:25:46 -0500

I can see why you'd want to stay away from "Indian" clocks...
I can see why master and slave is insufficient.
I sneer at those who have any faintest sympathy for dumping
master and slave because of stupid, misplaced political
correctness (often a weasel phrase in itself...).

"Master" and "slave" are well-known and proper in the
context, so why not add to that scheme?

One "master", multiple "overseers" and a bunch of ordinary
slaves. Or, perhaps replace "overseers" with "trustees".

/kevin