alternative to pdf format?

Subject: alternative to pdf format?
From: "Gilda Spitz" <gaspitz -at- longview -dot- com>
To: "Techwr-l (E-mail)" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Tue, 24 Feb 2004 15:02:35 -0500

I could have sworn I remembered seeing something about this in Techwr-l before, but I can't find it in the archive.

I seem to remember reading about a new type of portable file format that was similar to Acrobat pdf, and trying to inch its way into the pdf market. I'm very happy with pdf, but I'm just curious about this alternative format.

Does this sound familiar to anyone? If so, can you tell me the name of it?

Thanks.

Gilda Spitz
Manager, Documentation Services
Longview Solutions