Re: Resumes with a sense of humour

Subject: Re: Resumes with a sense of humour
From: Bruce Byfield <bbyfield -at- axionet -dot- com>
To: Michele Davis <michele -at- krautgrrl -dot- com>
Date: Tue, 24 Feb 2004 15:07:15 -0800

Quoting Michele Davis <michele -at- krautgrrl -dot- com>:

> It makes me think of that line from the movie, American Beauty.
> Something about the dramatic always making an impression.

Yes, but what type of impression? That's the problem - you can never tell how
someone is likely to react.

However, I admit I do something along the same lines, but lower key. Under
interests, I list "listening to punk-folk music" and "raising parrots" as the
first two entries. Both are perfectly true, but they are unusual enough that
people remember them, especially if the first one sounds like an amusing
contradiction to them (it's not. Think Pogues, and you get the idea). I add
these entries to make myself memorable, and also to give people a
conversational handle - something to begin talking about when I interview.

--
Bruce Byfield bbyfield -at- axionet -dot- com 604-421.7177