Re: alternative to pdf format?

Subject: Re: alternative to pdf format?
From: Shlomo Perets <shlomo2 -at- microtype -dot- com>
To: Gilda Spitz <gaspitz -at- longview -dot- com>
Date: Wed, 25 Feb 2004 12:52:04 +0200

Gilda,

You wrote:

I could have sworn I remembered seeing something about this in Techwr-l
before, but I can't find it in the archive.

I seem to remember reading about a new type of portable file format that
was similar to Acrobat pdf, and trying to inch its way into the pdf
market. I'm very happy with pdf, but I'm just curious about this
alternative format.

Does this sound familiar to anyone? If so, can you tell me the name of it?

In the last PDF Conference (November 2003 in Anaheim, CA), there was a
presentation briefly comparing PDF to FlashPaper, DWF and InfoPath.

Conference archive is available at
http://www.planetpdf.com/mainpage.asp?webpageid=3205

Shlomo Perets

MicroType * http://www.microtype.com
FrameMaker, InDesign, Acrobat training & consulting * FM-to-Acrobat TimeSavers
FrameMaker-to-PDF Assistants: Form, Navigation, Presentation, Defaults