RE: Help on Coordination between Engineers and Technical Witers

Subject: RE: Help on Coordination between Engineers and Technical Witers
From: "John Posada" <JPosada -at- isogon -dot- com>
To: "Tammy Cravit" <tammy -dot- lists -at- warmfuzzy -dot- com>, "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Thu, 26 Feb 2004 12:47:13 -0500

John Posada wrote:

>> too technical, how do you write about it? Shouldn't you at
>> least be at the level where you'll know enough about what
>> they are talking about to know if they are discussing a
>> feature you don't know about?
>
>I think there's a balance point here, though I was also
>troubled by the same statement that John quoted in his
>posting.

Every time I participate in one of these "technical" meetings, I tell
the person running them at the beginning that they should not be
offended if I excuse myself during the meeting. After 15 minutes, I can
tell what kind of meeting this is going to be and if it's not the most
effective use of my time, It makes sense to be elsewhere.

This has always be accepted well.

John Posada
Senior Technical Writer
Isogon Corporation