RE: RE: Help on Coordination between Engineers and Technical Witers

Subject: RE: RE: Help on Coordination between Engineers and Technical Witers
From: "Bill Swallow" <wswallow -at- nycap -dot- rr -dot- com>
To: "'Gene Kim-Eng'" <techwr -at- genek -dot- com>, "'TECHWR-L'" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Thu, 26 Feb 2004 23:49:55 -0500

It depends on the week. I don't attend all of them; other writers go to
other meetings. I'd say in a week I attend about 6-8 project-specific
meetings. Of course then I usually have about 5 other meetings a week, for
everything else I'm involved in. And then one-on-ones with employees and
developers... And hallway conversations... And the "while we're both in the
lunchroom/coffee nook/foyer/wherever" meetings... "Yup. I'd say in a given
week I probably only do about fifteen minutes of real, actual work." (Office
Space)

"Grazing for information" is not unacceptable where I work. I just choose
not to do it, and I delegate when the meeting count gets too high.

Bill Swallow
wswallow "at" nycap "dot" rr "dot" com