RE: Tech writers and engineers

Subject: RE: Tech writers and engineers
From: "John Posada" <JPosada -at- isogon -dot- com>
To: <dan -dot- gallagher -at- pulsartech -dot- com>, "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Fri, 27 Feb 2004 09:43:36 -0500

>John, are you supposing we technical writers
>know how to code? Personally I don't think
>that's relevant. So when someone

Dan...I was just thinking about this further.

For technical writers who are involved in situations where application
development is the major effort, what's wrong with knowing something
about code.

Not to the level that a developer knows (though there is nothing WRONG
with this), but if you are documenting relational databases, what's
wrong with knowing how to create a simple three line SQL statement, or
if you are documenting application written in VB, maybe knowing a little
about controls and properties?

John Posada
Senior Technical Writer
Isogon Corporation