.net and Help

Subject: .net and Help
From: "John Posada" <JPosada -at- isogon -dot- com>
To: "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Fri, 27 Feb 2004 10:26:47 -0500

Hi, guys...something that had to do with the previous thread on
attending developer meetings.

Just yesterday, I was in one and they were discussing how a series of
check boxes were going to function on an application just being
developed. Out of nowhere, I toss up the comment..."I'll explain it in
the help".

The silence was deafening.

Help?

Three hours later, I get an email from the VP of Software Development:

"I had a chance to speak with XXX today about the design of the XXX
product as it regards the HELP function. She told me that an ON-LINE
HELP feature should definitely be part of the functional specification
for XX X.X."

SO...my question.

This is designed under .net and it's our/my first one as .net. What do
I need to keep in mind? A particular form of help? This will be the
first document set written in FM around here (yeah!) and I'll be using
RoboHelp for FrameMaker.

For anyone who's done this before, what are the general rules?

John Posada
Senior Technical Writer
Isogon Corporation
http://www.isogon.com