RE: Word doubles font sizes in HTML files (and then doesn't)

Subject: RE: Word doubles font sizes in HTML files (and then doesn't)
From: "Goldstein, Dan" <DGoldstein -at- DeusTech -dot- com>
To: "TECHWR-L (E-mail)" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Mon, 1 Mar 2004 13:18:35 -0500

[Thanks to Rob Little from the WORD-PC list, who posted the following
correct solution:]

This does indeed have to do with Zoom level, though not as one might think.

What happens if you open word first, go to "Web Layout", make sure you are
at 100%, then open the local saved page? For me, the page loads correctly.
If my Zoom isn't at 100% in Web Layout *before* I open the file, then things
go wrong. (In Office 2002 and before, getting the zoom levels to stick can
be, umm, a chore. That's why I recommend manually changing them before

The font sizes in the CSS style sheet have been specified in *pixels* not
*points*. Pixels are device dependent (and for Word, zoom dependent). I
need to do a bit more digging to see what the actual relationship is, but
the crux of the problem is Pixels being used instead of Points...

--rob