RE: RE: RE: Documentation Architect vs. Technical Expert !

Subject: RE: RE: RE: Documentation Architect vs. Technical Expert !
From: "Gene Kim-Eng" <techwr -at- genek -dot- com>
To: JPosada -at- isogon -dot- com, techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com
Date: 01 Mar 2004 18:14:57 GMT

I would certainly never suggest that. I would say that
knowing what the user knows (in addition to your doc
skills) is the *minimum* you need to attain credibility
in the eyes of most developers (and I've know more than
a few developers who would view a writer who knows that
much as being better than what they've had to deal with
in the past). Everything else you know about the subject
makes you better, so long as you don't let it cause you
to forget that the user doesn't already know it. It's
what makes the difference between looking at someone as
if they could probably do the job and seeing someone as a
highly valued member of the team who you'd want to make
sure is included in every step of the process.

Gene Kim-Eng