RE: Documentation Architect vs. Technical Expert !

Subject: RE: Documentation Architect vs. Technical Expert !
From: "John Posada" <JPosada -at- isogon -dot- com>
To: "Mike O." <obie1121 -at- yahoo -dot- com>, "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Tue, 2 Mar 2004 12:46:35 -0500

>>I typed "Frequency shift keying" into
>>Google and just read 3 great articles
>>on it. There is ample information out
>>there about the technology...
>>You need to learn the science and
>>technology behind the products
>>you're documenting. It's just that
>>simple.

>I'm with Andrew on this, attitude-wise.
>But sometimes it is harder than Andrew
>implies.

Just as doing a Google-search on "deep packet filtering" and reading
some of the articles doesn't alone make me an expert on blended
application attacks?

OTOH, I also agree...ya gotta know something about the field you are
in...at least enough to ask intelligent questions.

John Posada
Senior Technical Writer
Isogon Corporation
http://www.isogon.com