Re: Documentation Revision Tool

Subject: Re: Documentation Revision Tool
From: Sean Wheller <seanwhe -at- yahoo -dot- com>
To: joanne grey <j_grey -at- writeangles -dot- com>
Date: Tue, 2 Mar 2004 22:50:48 -0800 (PST)

--- joanne grey <j_grey -at- writeangles -dot- com> wrote:
> What I *do* know is that the file directory in
Bitkeeper is much bigger than the directory in Visual
Source Safe.

> Now that I think about it, IIRC the size in
> Bitkeeper was comparable
> to the size it was in CVS.

I may be mistaken here but, MS VSS uses a strong
compression algorithm on the VSS database that is not
to dissimilar to that use to compress MS word
documents. The disadvantage of this is that it does
slow down access. On a LAN you probably will not
notice it. Over the Internet or WAN it becomes a
problem.

Sean Wheller

http://search.yahoo.com