Re: Help! I'm seeking advice.

Subject: Re: Help! I'm seeking advice.
From: "Ed Wurster" <eawurster -at- hotmail -dot- com>
To: "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Wed, 3 Mar 2004 06:58:09 -0500

Diane Boos wrote:
> My contract simply says "Company wishes to engage Contractor to
> provide
> technical writing services for the Company." What they are expecting
> is
> actually business analyst work. The information that I need to write
> the
> business plan and the technology plan is not available in the
> documents I
> was given. I do not have access to they key players to get the
> information,
> except for the limited access to the Manager.

I would let them know it can't be done to their expectations. Be brief, and
tell them what would be required to do the work.

Then I would put my head down and work for a week and see what happens.

It's a test, and you get paid.

Ed Wurster

http://www.eWurster.com/blog/
Consulting, Programming and Maintenance
for Computer Systems and Networks
Training, Technical Writing and Web Design