RE: Quiet workplace

Subject: RE: Quiet workplace
From: "Wade Courtney" <courtney -at- hsq -dot- com>
To: "'TECHWR-L'" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Wed, 3 Mar 2004 10:06:45 -0800

I used to be in the navy and aboard a ship. I worked in the Combat
Information Center. I was constantly surrounded by the sound of humming
engines, fans from radar consoles and other fire control equipment, the
HVAC, and intermittent radio traffic. Now a days, I feel most
comfortable around computer noise (I even sleep with a fan going at
night sometimes to drown out the silence.)

The problem that I have and what keeps me from focusing on technical
documentation is this... I sit in the middle of purchasing and
accounting. There is a lot of foot traffic in and out, conversations
all day long, telephones ringing (is that my mother on the phone), and
don't even get me started on the evils of the speaker phone.

Wade