RE: FAR and Help 2.x for .NET (was: .net and Help)

Subject: RE: FAR and Help 2.x for .NET (was: .net and Help)
From: "Bill Swallow" <wswallow -at- nycap -dot- rr -dot- com>
To: "'John Wilcox'" <JWilcox -at- zetron -dot- com>, "'TECHWR-L'" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Wed, 3 Mar 2004 23:05:16 -0500

::: I looked at this site
::: rather briefly, dismissing it because:
::: 1) Some help authors (like some programmers) want to stay
::: as far away from
::: the actual code as possible, and I suspected FAR would
::: require them to get their hands dirty.

What code? I use FAR and do not code.

::: 2) Corporately, we tend to shy away from shareware. Isn't
::: it funny how
::: companies will pay a thousand bucks for something but not $45?

Have you considered the author of the program and his credentials?

::: Are any of you help authors actually using FAR as your
::: standard HAT, in lieu
::: of RoboHelp or WebWorks Publisher, where your content
::: source is FrameMaker files?

No. That would be silly, as FAR does not accept FM source. But, I use FAR in
conjunction with WWP and Ndoc (and H2Reg for Help2 registration).

Bill Swallow
wswallow "at" nycap "dot" rr "dot" com