RE: Which image format

Subject: RE: Which image format
From: "Bill Swallow" <wswallow -at- nycap -dot- rr -dot- com>
To: "'John Posada'" <JPosada -at- isogon -dot- com>, "'TECHWR-L'" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Thu, 4 Mar 2004 23:10:45 -0500

Grayscale output? It don't matter. A bitmapped format is a bitmapped format
and all will render a screenshot the same. Color, well, then you're dealing
with another beast called color depth. But grayscale, use the format that
makes the smallest bitmapped image (in file size). Me, I use PNG. But
there's nothing wrong with GIF either.

Bill Swallow
wswallow "at" nycap "dot" rr "dot" com