Re: don't believe the offshore hype

Subject: Re: don't believe the offshore hype
From: "Guy K. Haas" <guy -at- hiskeyboard -dot- com>
To: "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Tue, 09 Mar 2004 12:10:23 -0800

Wade Courtney wrote:

I'd be interested in how many U.S. writers have degrees in technical
writing/communication. I'm might be persuaded to bet that its not that
many. ;)

Personally, my degree is in information systems. I have only had one
class in technical writing.

I have B.S. degrees in Math and Chemistry, 17 years as a programmer (starting in application development, moving early on into software development -- compilers and related tools), now 20 years in technical writing. I write principally for the programmer audience, about such things as APIs and servers.

I've had several classes in specific topics in the area of techical communication, both in-house and from university extention.

--
Guy K. Haas
guy -at- hiskeyboard -dot- com | gkhaas -at- usa -dot- net

ROBOHELP IS THE INDUSTRY STANDARD IN HELP AUTHORING New RoboHelp X5 includes all new features such as, content management, multi-author support, distributed
workforce support, XML and PDF support, and much more!

Purchase new Macromedia RoboHelp X5 by March 31st and receive a $100 mail-in rebate. http://www.ehelp.com/techwr-l

archiver -at- techwr-l -dot- com