What does a technical communicator have to know?

Subject: What does a technical communicator have to know?
From: royj -at- alltel -dot- net
To: "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Thu, 11 Mar 2004 08:54:15 -0700

As practitioners, you are the ultimate authority, and I would like to ask
those of you on the list what skills and competencies you value in your
employees/colleagues. Your input is of tremendous value to me because it
is current and vital. Think of it this way?if you were hiring a technical
communicator, what skills would he or she have to possess in order to
succeed at your company? There are no skills too insignificant or too
complex for my research. I?d like to know them all. In particular, I?m
interested in both everyday skills and higher-order competencies such as
knowledge management. Any feedback you could give would be greatly
appreciated. Thanks!

Roy K. Turner

ROBOHELP IS THE INDUSTRY STANDARD IN HELP AUTHORING
New RoboHelp X5 includes all new features such as,
content management, multi-author support, distributed
workforce support, XML and PDF support, and much more!

Purchase new Macromedia RoboHelp X5 by March 31st and receive a
$100 mail-in rebate. http://www.ehelp.com/techwr-l

archiver -at- techwr-l -dot- com