Law of Morons (was flashpoint of the week)

Subject: Law of Morons (was flashpoint of the week)
From: Andrew Plato <gilliankitty -at- yahoo -dot- com>
To: "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Tue, 16 Mar 2004 12:40:53 -0800 (PST)

"Wright, Lynne" <> wrote ...

> So what's the best strategy? Do I play nice for awhile, and try to build
> trust and respect, while giving time for my new boss to realize how lost my
> naysayers are, so that he will eventually back me in pushing for higher
> standards? Or do I stick to my principles and edit according to normal
> standards, and if they can't handle it, too bad?

1st Law of Morons: They are impervious to logic, reason, or persuasion.

2nd Law of Morons: They have endless reserves of energy to defend their idiocy.

3rd Law of Morons: They have well developed sense of self greatness.

Knowing this, the only way to effectively combat those of the Moron persuasion
is through indirect means. If you attack a Moron directly, they will wear you
down with their tremendous powers of illogic and diversion. Nothing can crack
the impenetrable shell of stupidity that Morons wield with deft aptitude. Their
stupidity is not only impenetrable, it can be a potent offensive weapon. They
can infect others around them with deep, penetrating stupidity. Eventually,
everybody in their vicinity is a drooling mass of crap, demanding rights they
don't deserve and complaining about offshoring and the inadequacy of font
selection committees.

Therefore, you must use your tech writing Kung Fu. Go forth and do your own
work and avoid the Morons. Produce your work independent of the Morons. Your
work will shine in comparison to the Morons, and thus they cannot hide from the
blinding light of reality. This will crush them and make them whimper in pain,
as the truth of their deep, Moronicism is revealed for all to behold.

However, be careful. Some Morons are pre-loaded with a doomsday device. This is
usually in the form of some back-door access to somebody of greater power.
Cornered, a Moron may use their influence to deal a deafening blow to those
around them. Since the person of greater power is not aware of the battle
ensuing underneath them, this person may eradicate all that oppose the Moron in
a swift, cataclysmic event. If you see a Moron reaching for something powerful
(like a vice president), you must move quickly to appear innocent. Since people
of great power are not inclined to drop doomsday devices on the innocent, you
will be spared, and the Moron's doomsday device will be deactivated.

Here endeth the lesson.

Andrew Plato

http://mail.yahoo.com

ROBOHELP FOR FRAMEMAKER AS LOW AS $299! Offer expires March 31.
Publish your FrameMaker documents online -- quickly and easily!

New licenses are only $899 for one and $499 for additional licenses.
Use a competitor's product? Switch to RoboHelp for FrameMaker
for only $299! Buy today: CALL 1-800-462-4420 or 1 858-847-7900.
Hurry, offer expires March 31 2004.

archiver -at- techwr-l -dot- com