RE: Trends in Help authoring?

Subject: RE: Trends in Help authoring?
From: "Erika Yanovich" <ERIKA_y -at- rad -dot- com>
To: "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Wed, 17 Mar 2004 09:05:33 +0200

Geoff Hart ghart -at- videotron -dot- ca wrote

<Over the next few weeks, my job will be to develop an efficient and
bug-free process for creating source text in Word (for review and
revision) and using that text to create an HTMLHelp system that can be
updated by simply updating the Word source files and recompiling. Not
sure that's possible, but here's hoping! Advice from techwr-l welcomed,
and I'll eventually post a summary of what I've found to work so others
can benefit.>

This is exactly what we do here with Quadralay's Webworks for Word (no affiliation with them). If your documents are well-structured, all you need to do is develop a template which converts your Word styles into Help styles and from there on, any time you need a new Help file, just press a button and your Word files convert in no time. Tweaking forbidden!

Erika

PLUS Great discounts on RoboHelp training. OFFER EXPIRES March 31!
Call 1-800-358-9370 or visit: http://www.ehelp.com/techwr-l

archiver -at- techwr-l -dot- com