What is there before "Draft"?

Subject: What is there before "Draft"?
From: "John Posada" <JPosada -at- isogon -dot- com>
To: "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Thu, 18 Mar 2004 18:23:18 -0500

A couple of weeks ago, I worked out with the Project Manager that my doc
set would be reviewed three times before GA. These review milestones are
called:

1st Draft - 6/1
QA Draft - 7/1
Beta Draft - 8/1
GA 9/1

The idea was that for each cycle, they have two weeks to review and I
have two weeks to make the changes.

Understand that at the time, I hadn't created any documentation.

Well. Now I have...2 1/2 months ahead of schedule and it's starting to
get reviewed...much to my dismay.

We don't want to change the name "1st Draft" because until then, the
application itself won't be "baked" and the content will be too
fluid...in other words, we don't want the document taken too seriously
because I'm writing my documents from their documents (don't ask).

The question is what do I call it?

I like "Baseline[date]", with the date every other Friday at which time
I'll have a new version.

Suggestions?

Does any of this make sense?

BTW...I'll probably have to catch up on this discussion on Monday as I'm
taking a personal day off Friday and probably won't be checking in from
home...then maybe I might :-)

John Posada
Senior Technical Writer
Isogon Corporation
http://www.isogon.com
"Realizing Your Business Goals
Through Software Asset Management"

PLUS Great discounts on RoboHelp training. OFFER EXPIRES March 31!
Call 1-800-358-9370 or visit: http://www.ehelp.com/techwr-l

archiver -at- techwr-l -dot- com