RE: Seeking critiques on updated Web site

Subject: RE: Seeking critiques on updated Web site
From: "John Posada" <JPosada -at- isogon -dot- com>
To: "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Tue, 23 Mar 2004 12:55:42 -0500

Steve...the first thing I'd do is get that graphic on the splash page
smaller in file size (not dimension). I'm looking at it on an optimizer
(Ulead Smartsaver Pro) and your version is 114k. Using the default
settings of jpg 75%, I'm down to 31k with no tweaking. If the image was
smaller in size or buried in the site, it would be less noticeable, but
something that attention grabbing right on the first page is noticeable
when it paints on the screen.

I'll look further in when I have time later today.

John Posada
Senior Technical Writer
Isogon Corporation
http://www.isogon.com
"Realizing Your Business Goals
Through Software Asset Management"

Last night I uploaded a completely re-designed Web site for Oppenheimer
Communications, at www.OppenheimerCommunications.com . Anyone who
wants to take a pick and give a quick impression, that would be
appreciated.

PLUS Great discounts on RoboHelp training. OFFER EXPIRES March 31!
Call 1-800-358-9370 or visit: http://www.ehelp.com/techwr-l

archiver -at- techwr-l -dot- com