Re: How to promote a Web site?

Subject: Re: How to promote a Web site?
From: "Chuck Martin" <cm -at- writeforyou -dot- com>
To: "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Wed, 24 Mar 2004 09:08:18 -0800

The latter is correct, but because techwr-l is also shadowed to a Usenet
newsgroup, posts on the list can also be found in Groups searches.

There's a file you can put in your web server folders with a command that is
supposed to keep spiders from indexing the pages in that folder. It's not
there in most web servers by default, and I doubt site such as techwr-l
would want such a restriction because the ability to seach for the valuable
information that's here would be restricted.

Chuck Martin
User Assistance & Experience Engineer
twriter "at" sonic "dot" net www.writeforyou.com

"I see in your eyes the same fear that would take the heart of me. The day
may come when the courage of Men fail, when we forsake our friends and
break all bonds of fellowship. But it is not this day! This day, we fight!"
- Aragorn

"All you have to decide is what to do with the time that is given you."
- Gandalf

"John Posada" <JPosada -at- isogon -dot- com> wrote in message news:233389 -at- techwr-l -dot- -dot- -dot-

I think it's the later...how else would email posts to the techwr site
end up in Google. I really doubt that Eric submits the emails to a
search engine.

Do you Eric?