Re: manager credibility

Subject: Re: manager credibility
From: Rachael Lininger <techwhirl -at- earthlink -dot- net>
To: "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Mon, 29 Mar 2004 10:55:35 -0600 (GMT-06:00)

k k <turnleftatnowhere -at- yahoo -dot- com> wrote:

>I think it matters a lot how you define a "virtual
>team." Do you mean a group of people who literally
>never meet? In such a case, I think technical
>competence of the manager would be paramount. When you
>remove human interactions from the equation, you also
>remove most of the things that managers have to do and
>most of the concerns that differentiate good and bad
>mangagers.

Never underestimate the power of technology to leverage
human miscommunication. Managers have to be just
as good with people if they're working with people they
don't see. On the other hand, most of 'em aren't anyway.

Once I realized that, a whole new career path opened
before me!

Rachael

PLUS Great discounts on RoboHelp training. OFFER EXPIRES March 31!
Call 1-800-358-9370 or visit: http://www.ehelp.com/techwr-l

archiver -at- techwr-l -dot- com