RE: manager credibility

Subject: RE: manager credibility
From: "Bill Darnall" <darcom -at- sbcglobal -dot- net>
To: "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Tue, 30 Mar 2004 12:29:10 -0800

Lynn Wright wrote:

----------- snip ---------------------------------

Now, any borderline-functional idiot can go get an MBA, but it doesn't
necessarily qualify them to actually manage anything. It means that
they
will know how to write reports and do power point presentations, and
throw
around buzz words like "benchmark" and "deliverables", but it doesn't
mean
that they can actually THINK and problem-solve.

----------- snip -----------------------------------

One of the things I learned in my MBA program was to listen carefully
to what people said: instructors, students, and others. Then, I
learned to try very hard to understand what they meant. Team projects
were important learning activities. Some of the most valuable courses
I took were those in THINKING, PROBLEM SOLVING, INNOVATION, and
CREATIVITY. We took turns managing our group activities. The group
grade was highly dependent on how well the manager performed. I
believe I learned something from the (MBA) set of experiences that
required several years of my life.

In my opinion, if one has not done something, it is difficult to
accurately critique it. Opinions, of course. Truly meaningful
understanding, perhaps.

Bill D.

PLUS Great discounts on RoboHelp training. OFFER EXPIRES March 31!
Call 1-800-358-9370 or visit: http://www.ehelp.com/techwr-l

archiver -at- techwr-l -dot- com