Re: manager credibility

Subject: Re: manager credibility
From: shankAtIndiaDotcom <ss_rajanala -at- yahoo -dot- com>
To: "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Tue, 30 Mar 2004 20:30:00 -0800 (PST)

> I'll tell you something you don't know. Tech
> writing (I mean GOOD tech writing)
> is actually much harder to do that good
> information security. Most info sec

There is this dil**** strip in which an engineer
is complaining that she gets only so much as the
janitor or someone. Just then the janitor comes
by with a funny critter on a stick, 'this feller
was blocking the pipes' And so it goes...

I don't know how that relates to what I have to
say but I thought it is about different kinds of
jobs and talks of pay comparisons so might as
well shove it in up front.

What we get paid, and what is the value and
impact of what we do, are quite different things.

That is not to say we should be happy getting
paid salary equal to a puppet monkey. And I don't
know how we could improve our fortunes so to
speak (maybe write a book?)

IN the meantime, our selfworth need not be pegged
at what we earn. Are you telling me that a
certain unscrupulous billionaire is 27 thousand
times smarter or wiser or whatever than a mere
millionaire?

I doubt it.

=====
Thanks and regards,
Sankara S Rajanala
[also]shank -at- india -dot- com
http://taxes.yahoo.com/filing.html

PLUS Great discounts on RoboHelp training. OFFER EXPIRES March 31!
Call 1-800-358-9370 or visit: http://www.ehelp.com/techwr-l

archiver -at- techwr-l -dot- com