RE: Best practices for distributing custom templates?

Subject: RE: Best practices for distributing custom templates?
From: Peter <pnewman1 -at- optonline -dot- net>
To: "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Thu, 01 Apr 2004 13:20:42 -0500

I can see no valid reason why an organization with at least 300 workstations
should not have remote administration, especially for the staff machines.
Period.

Peter

REPLY
> The most effective approach _if you have "managed" PCs_ is
> for the head of your computer department use the remote
> administration tools provided by the PC's manufacturer. These
> tools let administrators install software updates directly
> over the network on all managed PCs.
> Because the new/revised template can be installed directly in
> each user's Templates folder, you know that the template is
> up to date and easily accessible, even when the network is
> down or unavailable.
>
> Unfortunately, many companies don't invest in this kind of
> setup. In that case, try solution 2: <snip>

ROBOHELP X5 - ALL NEW VERSION!!

Have you tried the latest in Help Authoring from RoboHelp?
Try ROBOHELP X5 for Free - Now with Word 2003 support, Content

Download a free trial today: http://www.ehelp.com/techwr-l4

archiver -at- techwr-l -dot- com