Re: Compiling CNT files

Subject: Re: Compiling CNT files
From: "Dana Worley" <dana -at- campbellsci -dot- com>
To: "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Thu, 01 Apr 2004 13:53:24 -0700

On 30 Mar 2004 at 5:51, Mike Jueneman wrote:

> I'm a newbie using RoboHelp Office version 9.1 from
> e-Help and I'm making adjustments to CNT files created
> before I got here. I've saved and compiled on the CNT
> files and the HPJ file but my changes don't appear.
> Is there something I'm missing? Any help is
> appreciated as I'm new on the job and NOBODY here
> knows anything about the program.

The HPJ is the file that is used to compile the HLP. The CNT
provides the Table of Contents that you see when you press the
"Contents" button from the help file.

Once you compile, you will need to copy both the newly created HLP
file, and your latest version of the CNT file, into whatever directory
your application is looking for the help file. You can also open the
HLP by double-clicking it to check it out quickly. If you want to look
at the TOC, press the Contents button.

As someone else mentioned, delete the GID. A GID is sort of like an
INI file for a help file and an existing one could cause some
problems (like a topic not showing up). If you are still having
problems, try to confirm where the application is looking for the help
file. If this is difficult or confusing, do a Search in Windows Explorer
and look for instances of the help file on your system. It could be
that there are several versions saved in different places, and your
application is not looking where you expect it.

Dana W.

Dana Worley
Applications Engineer/Software Support
Campbell Scientific, Inc.
MicroSoft Help MVP

ROBOHELP X5 - ALL NEW VERSION!!

Have you tried the latest in Help Authoring from RoboHelp?
Try ROBOHELP X5 for Free - Now with Word 2003 support, Content

Download a free trial today: http://www.ehelp.com/techwr-l4

archiver -at- techwr-l -dot- com