Your input invited for Helper Tools Survey

Subject: Your input invited for Helper Tools Survey
From: Frances Wirth <wirth -at- peoplepc -dot- com>
To: "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Fri, 2 Apr 2004 06:05:29 -0500 (GMT-05:00)

SURVEY: THE TECH WRITER'S ESSENTIAL TOOLKIT
Win a free prize!

Each of us has a set of indispensable helper tools that help us accomplish our myriad daily tasks: software, Web resources, and reference books. STC Carolina Chapter is putting together a list of the most helpful and popular tools, and we welcome YOUR suggestions.

Note that we are not talking about major software programs that are the staples of the usual "tools wars," but the low-cost systems tools, graphics utilities, organizing aids, or language references, and other etceteras that make your life easier. Maybe it's a stalwart, a tool that's on every tech writer's must-have list, or maybe it's something you just happened upon, and now can't live without -- we want to hear about them all.

Go to http://www.surveymonkey.com/s.asp?u=69448399533 and share with us your favorite "can't-do-without-'em," free or low-cost (under approximately $100) tools.

I'll be gathering all your recommendations for The Tech Writer's Essential Toolkit and presenting the results at the STC Conference in Baltimore. I will also summarize the results for the list.

FREE PRIZES!
If you complete the survey by April 27, you'll be entered into a drawing for free prizes. We are hoping to give away some of the most highly recommended tools. You will have a chance to win a useful prize, and you will be helping all of us learn about inexpensive tools that can make our lives easier.

Thank you for your input.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Frances Wirth
Training Manager, STC Carolina Chapter
wirth -at- peoplepc -dot- com

PeoplePC Online
A better way to Internet
http://www.peoplepc.com

ROBOHELP X5 - ALL NEW VERSION!!

Have you tried the latest in Help Authoring from RoboHelp?
Try ROBOHELP X5 for Free - Now with Word 2003 support, Content

Download a free trial today: http://www.ehelp.com/techwr-l4

archiver -at- techwr-l -dot- com