RE: meaning & practice of a "doc freeze"

Subject: RE: meaning & practice of a "doc freeze"
From: "John Posada" <JPosada -at- isogon -dot- com>
To: "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Thu, 8 Apr 2004 09:45:01 -0400

-----Original Message-----
Subject: meaning & practice of a "doc freeze"

Does anyone out there use a "documentation freeze" approach in their doc
development/production strategy?

-----Response Message-----

In my experience, a document freeze is at the moment where no changes
can be made to the document and still meet the promised release
time/date. For me, this is usually about 3 hours before the documents
are being burned onto the CD, though it has been shorter, depending on
how critical the modification was.

I've found no enforceable way to prevent receipt of any changes or
modifications to a document when there is still time to get them in.

John Posada
Senior Technical Writer
Isogon Corporation
http://www.isogon.com

"Impossible is just a big word
thrown around by small men
who find it easier to live in a world
they've been given than to explore
the power they have to change it.
Impossible is not a fact...it's an opinion
Impossible is nothing"

ROBOHELP X5 - ALL NEW VERSION!!

Have you tried the latest in Help Authoring from RoboHelp?
Try ROBOHELP X5 for Free - Now with Word 2003 support, Content

Download a free trial today: http://www.ehelp.com/techwr-l4

archiver -at- techwr-l -dot- com