RE: FUNNY OFFSHORE STORY

Subject: RE: FUNNY OFFSHORE STORY
From: "John Posada" <JPosada -at- isogon -dot- com>
To: "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Mon, 12 Apr 2004 13:11:05 -0400

Yep. And I'm advocating saying no reason where the person on the other
end can come up with an opinion that isn't under my control. It turns
out that in our field, nobody in it doesn't have a strong opinion on
outsourcing one way or another. That subject is too emotional to do any
good.

The interview is for you to tell them all the wonderful things you can
do for them, not all the lousy things that were done to you in the past.
Get by that question as quickly as possible. This doesn't only have to
do with loosing to off-shore.

I was interviewing last time because my previous agency stopped paying
me, having owed me over $8,l00.00. I never even used that as the reason.
I simply said "My contract ended".

John Posada
Senior Technical Writer
Isogon Corporation
http://www.isogon.com
"Realizing Your Business Goals
Through Software Asset Management"

John Posada wrote:
>> ...and I also stand by the statement
>> that hiding the fact one is being
>> outsourced is wrong.
>
> During an interview, every word coming out of your mouth should go
> towards increasing your chance of getting hired. How does mentioning
> that fact do that?

I'm not advocating bringing it up on one's own, John, by any means, nor
dwelling on it. But it is inconceivable that one will not be asked the
question of why one left one's last position or why one is looking for
another position while still employed.

ROBOHELP X5 - ALL NEW VERSION!!

Have you tried the latest in Help Authoring from RoboHelp?
Try ROBOHELP X5 for Free - Now with Word 2003 support, Content

Download a free trial today: http://www.ehelp.com/techwr-l4

archiver -at- techwr-l -dot- com