Re: Brain-dead-simple doc "management" on a self-service intranet [long]

Subject: Re: Brain-dead-simple doc "management" on a self-service intranet [long]
From: eric -dot- dunn -at- ca -dot- transport -dot- bombardier -dot- com
To: "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Tue, 13 Apr 2004 13:01:26 -0400

>>DOC "MANAGEMENT"
>>
>>I use the term loosely, because this is really a pretty poor,
>>feature-deficient excuse. It seems to be sufficient for our immediate
>>needs, though.

Sounds really interesting over-all. A colleague and I have begun
investigating MyDMS, which is an opensource document management system
based on MySQL, PHP, and ADoDB. It is also portable in that it can be used
with any database not just MySQL. "Out-of-the-box" seems quite reasonable
and should be possible to grow or adapt it to serve specific needs.

http://dms.markuswestphal.de/about.html

Note: Download the latest ADoDB separately as the version bundled with the
MyDMS download doesn't function correctly.

Eric L. Dunn
Senior Technical Writer

ROBOHELP X5 - ALL NEW VERSION!!

Have you tried the latest in Help Authoring from RoboHelp?
Try ROBOHELP X5 for Free - Now with Word 2003 support, Content

Download a free trial today: http://www.ehelp.com/techwr-l4

archiver -at- techwr-l -dot- com