RE: Why should a tech writer learn XML?

Subject: RE: Why should a tech writer learn XML?
From: "Domaschuk, Rob" <Robd -at- datalogics -dot- com>
To: "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Thu, 15 Apr 2004 15:01:20 -0500

> what value is there in attending an XML hands-on
> training session?

Because your next job may require it, or possibly GETTING your next job may
require having it.

Never hurts getting training and in this day and age, "XML" is the
equivalent of a "shiny object" to employers.

I could go into the whole "Rob Domaschuk Theory of Development Lifecycle",
but to recap step 1 of the theory (A.M.S.) - executives read about the
importance of XML in an airplane magazine and next thing you know, Bob's yer
uncle and everyone has to have XML.

Rob Domaschuk | 312.853.8337 (o)
Technical Writer | 866.741.2677 (f)
Datalogics, inc. | www.datalogics.com

"What contemptible scoundrel stole the cork from my lunch?"
- W.C. Fields

ROBOHELP X5 - ALL NEW VERSION!!

Have you tried the latest in Help Authoring from RoboHelp?
Try ROBOHELP X5 for Free - Now with Word 2003 support, Content

Download a free trial today: http://www.ehelp.com/techwr-l4

archiver -at- techwr-l -dot- com