RE: More Training Discussion: Task-based lecture vs. Systems-base d lecture

Subject: RE: More Training Discussion: Task-based lecture vs. Systems-base d lecture
From: "Martinek, Carla M" <CMartinek -at- zebra -dot- com>
To: "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Thu, 15 Apr 2004 15:01:32 -0500

=======
In the design of documents that the audience will use to operate,
administer, or maintain a product, a task-oriented approach to information
is essential. We know that task-oriented information

* Reduces training time
* Enhances productivity
* Decreases customer-support costs
* Increases audience satisfaction with information

However, to be presented effectively, tasks need to be studied from the
viewpoint of the audience. per haps the greatest danger for the writer is
to spend more time studying tasks from the perspective of the product than
from the perspective of the audience.
=======

You can look up Ms. Hackos' qualifications online - they're impressive, and
hard to argue with. She's one of the premier leaders in technical
communication.

*************************
Carla Martinek, Translation Coordinator/Editor
Zebra Technologies Corporation
333 Corporate Woods Parkway, Vernon Hills, IL 60061
tel: 847.793.5616 fax: 847.821.1795
cmartinek -at- zebra -dot- com

- CONFIDENTIAL -
This email and any files transmitted with it are confidential, and may also
be legally privileged. If you are not the intended recipient, you may not
review, use, copy, or distribute this message. If you receive this email in
error, please notify the sender immediately by reply email and then delete
this email.

ROBOHELP X5 - ALL NEW VERSION!!

Have you tried the latest in Help Authoring from RoboHelp?
Try ROBOHELP X5 for Free - Now with Word 2003 support, Content

Download a free trial today: http://www.ehelp.com/techwr-l4

archiver -at- techwr-l -dot- com