RE: Why should a tech writer learn XML?

Subject: RE: Why should a tech writer learn XML?
From: <Christian -dot- Walters -at- cox -dot- com>
To: "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Fri, 16 Apr 2004 11:16:12 -0400

This is an interesting point, I think, and I can certainly see where
Mark is coming from.

But in my admittedly limited experience to date, learning XML code is
more like learning HTML code than learning C++. Yes, there are plenty
tools that use HTML behind the scenes, but I cannot count the number of
times a basic understanding of HTML code has saved my butt when
troubleshooting or developing web sites.

Christian