RE: Re: Technical Training Listserv?

Subject: RE: Re: Technical Training Listserv?
From: "Colin Ramsden" <colin -at- ramsden -dot- info>
To: "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Sun, 18 Apr 2004 21:07:49 +1000

Susan and Steve.
Too right. The principles of adult learning are little different to those of
child learning. In fact, the desire to learn is the key to learning at any
age. It is the environment and expectations of the student which will
determine the reception of the learning experience. Fear or distrust of
learning will most likely produce no learning at all in the student.
Alternatively, a true desire for learning will not prevent the learning from
happening, even when the student is denied normal access to the learning
materials.
The true key to learning is the desire to learn. You need to want it before
you will truly get it. The so-called 'gift' of the teachers that are deemed
good or great, is that they instill the desire to learn in their students.
They make their students 'want' to learn; they don't just transfer the data,
they inspire the students to seek out the data for themselves.

Colin Ramsden
Senior Technical Writer
Colin -at- Ramsden -dot- info