Free graphics resources; was: Re: Minding their Ps and Qs at Jasc

Subject: Free graphics resources; was: Re: Minding their Ps and Qs at Jasc
From: David Neeley <dbneeley -at- oddpost -dot- com>
To: "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Wed, 21 Apr 2004 12:16:01 -0700 (PDT)

While I have no doubt that Paint Shop Pro is excellent software, I'd also like to suggest you may be able to do what you need with entirely free software. In Windows, for example, there are several very good graphics editors such as the GIMP (quite nearly the equal of Photoshop, I think, and still improving). Another that is quite good is Oriens Enhancer Gold--similar in many ways to Photoshop Elements in its layout and use.

As far as image capture is concerned (which seems often to be the most common use of Paint Shop Pro in many doc shops), I still prefer SnagIt because of its ease of use and flexibility.

David

PLUS Great discounts on RoboHelp training. OFFER EXPIRES April 30th!
Call 1-800-358-9370 or visit: http://www.ehelp.com/techwr-l

archiver -at- techwr-l -dot- com