Re: Postscript to "$3 a page" saga

Subject: Re: Postscript to "$3 a page" saga
From: Michele Davis <michele -at- krautgrrl -dot- com>
To: "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Thu, 22 Apr 2004 13:54:15 -0500

As I've been following this thread, I want to offer my opinion. I wouldn't hire you again, you come across altogether too desperate, and kind of whiny and complaining. The publisher slammed you, and I feel that they didn't want another rant about how you'd be a good worker for them in the future, you should have just dropped it. It feels like you have to get the last word in to this publisher, and they won't respect that, you're not kissing their backside, you're justifying your behaviour.

I've learned the hard way to keep it sweet and simple. Something along the lines of: "Thanks XXXX for your feedback, and I look forward to hearing from you in the future. Bonnie"

I just read this to my husband and he said that perhaps you will become defensive by what I'm saying. I hope not, I hope you understand that I'm trying to help you out. For me, I've learned the most when people have told me I'm barrelling down the wrong path.

Consider burying a blog on your website for rants about things that upset you.

Michele

--
Michele

"Not allowed to sing 'High Speed Dirt' by Megadeth during airborne operations." ('See the earth below/Soon to make a crater/Blue sky, black death, I'm off to meet my maker')
Quoted from a military blog
www.krautgrrl.com

Bonnie Granat wrote:

My response:

Thanks for your response, XXX.

I am happiest when I am working independently, XXX, so that won't be
a problem on future assignments. Once I know what you want and how you
want it, I can work quite well without bothering you. My main concern
is giving you exactly what you want. Toward that end, in the case of
that book (and because I was a brand new editor with you), there were
necessary questions, in my opinion. I needed to clarify with you the
meaning of some of your statements about tagging in the memo, as I
recall. That should not indicate to you any inability or unwillingness
to work independently -- and I am concerned that it did. I do
apologize, however, if my questions seemed unnecessary, but I was new
to your system and didn't understand that Word styles were as good as
tags.

If I do more work for XXXXX, I think you will find that you'd never
hear
from me. By then, I will have a better understanding of how things are
done. I do hope we can work together again.

ROBOHELP X5 - ALL NEW VERSION. Now with Word 2003 support, Content Management, Multi-Author support, PDF and XML support and much more!
PLUS Great discounts on RoboHelp training. OFFER EXPIRES April 30th! Call 1-800-358-9370 or visit: http://www.ehelp.com/techwr-l

archiver -at- techwr-l -dot- com