Maybe it's all in my head. . . (Word Problems)

Subject: Maybe it's all in my head. . . (Word Problems)
From: "Pellar-Kosbar, Christine" <c -dot- pellar-kosbar -at- gyricon -dot- com>
To: "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Fri, 23 Apr 2004 13:25:51 -0400

Okay,

Before I take the plunge and recommend buying Frame and Snag-it (for me), and WebWorks Final Draft (for reviewers), I want to make sure my problems with Word are not just due to my ignorance. If you've used Word 2000 (version 9) for manuals, please let me know if you've ever had these problems:

Word repaginates unexpectedly, causing screenshots and text to appear in strange and frightening places

--or--

Word renumbers lists unexpectedly--so that a list that was numbered correctly when you close a file could be numbered incorrectly when you open the file again or if you create another numbered list somewhere else in the document.

Are there simple ways to fix these problems (if they exist for others)?

I searched the lists on Word, but there are so many entries on numbering problems that I couldn't find these specific issues. I also searched the Techwhirlers archives, and saw old messages for previous versions of Word, but no recent mention of these.

Thank you,
Christine Pellar-Kosbar
Senior Technical Writer
Gyricon, LLC

PLUS Great discounts on RoboHelp training. OFFER EXPIRES April 30th!
Call 1-800-358-9370 or visit: http://www.ehelp.com/techwr-l

archiver -at- techwr-l -dot- com