Re: Life imitates Art -- a Friday post

Subject: Re: Life imitates Art -- a Friday post
From: Jan Cohen <familyforever -at- mindspring -dot- com>
To: "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Fri, 23 Apr 2004 15:11:58 -0400

Talk about coincidence: just a few hours ago I was pondering shutting Hal down after I figured out how to open the pod bays doors without wearing a helmet...

Too much coffee, too much work, but still enough time for Hal.

oh, and don't forget the Monolith.

jancohen
whistling "Daisy" in the background

At 12:26 PM 4/23/2004, Goldstein, Dan wrote:

[NASA announced Thursday that the second of the International Space
Station's four stabilizing gyroscopes failed on Wednesday night, but neither
the station nor the crew were in immediate danger. The malfunction was
caused by a power failure, forcing controllers to rely on the two remaining
gyroscopes to keep the structure's position in orbit...]

POOLE: Good morning.
BOWMAN: Good morning. How's it going?
POOLE: Are you reasonably awake?
BOWMAN: Oh, I'm fine, I'm wide awake. What's up?
POOLE: Well... Hal's reported the AO-unit about to fail again.
BOWMAN: You're kidding.
POOLE: No.
BOWMAN: (softly) What the h--- is going on?
POOLE: I don't know. Hal said he thought it might be the assembly procedure.
BOWMAN: Two units in four days. How many spares do we have?
POOLE: Two more...

ROBOHELP X5 - ALL NEW VERSION. Now with Word 2003 support, Content Management, Multi-Author support, PDF and XML support and much more!
PLUS Great discounts on RoboHelp training. OFFER EXPIRES April 30th! Call 1-800-358-9370 or visit: http://www.ehelp.com/techwr-l

archiver -at- techwr-l -dot- com