RE: XSL, XSLT terminology -- do you know this stuff well?

Subject: RE: XSL, XSLT terminology -- do you know this stuff well?
From: "France Baril" <France -dot- Baril -at- ixiasoft -dot- com>
To: "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Mon, 10 May 2004 13:20:22 -0400

I got the following info at this adress www.w3schools.com

XSL - More Than a Style Sheet Language

XSL consists of three parts:

* XSLT is a language for transforming XML documents
* XPath is a language for defining parts of an XML document
* XSL-FO is a language for formatting XML documents

XSLT - XSL Transformations

XSLT is the most important part of the XSL Standards. It is the part of XSL that is used to transform an XML document into another XML document, or another type of document that is recognized by a browser, like HTML and XHTML. Normally XSLT does this by transforming each XML element into an (X)HTML element.

XSLT can also add new elements into the output file, or remove elements. It can rearrange and sort elements, and test and make decisions about which elements to display, and a lot more.

A common way to describe the transformation process is to say that XSLT transforms an XML source tree into an XML result tree.