RE: Creating PDFs in PageMaker

Subject: RE: Creating PDFs in PageMaker
From: "David Spreadbury" <David -dot- Spreadbury -at- afc -dot- com>
To: "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Fri, 14 May 2004 11:48:59 -0700

Not being familiar with PageMaker (FrameMaker is my major tool), if you have the full version of Adobe Acrobat, not just Acrobat Reader, installed on your system then you should be able to create PDFs. The easiest way is to use the Distiller print driver (installed when Acrobat is installed and should appear in your available printers). Another way is to install a suitable postscript printer that meets all of the physical requirements needed by your document (color, 11x17, etc.). A good printer would be the AppleLaserwriter 12/600. You don't need the physical printer, just install the driver with Print to File selected. Once you get the postscript file (*.ps) you can run it through Distiller. Either way you need Distiller or GhostScript, some application that will parse the postscript into PDF.