Re: Not permitted to be productive at home

Subject: Re: Not permitted to be productive at home
From: "Dana Worley" <dana -at- campbellsci -dot- com>
To: "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Thu, 20 May 2004 10:09:38 -0600

On Tuesday, May 18, 2004, Karen E. Black wrote:

> This WAS announced as policy late last year, but it was to prevent
> people from slacking off. Management doesn't recognise that the
> environment itself

Uh... it's policy -- no working from home. Be happy to comply with
policy or look for another job. Also, be happy you actually have sick
leave. We have only "leave". You use it for sick, vacation, taking the
cat to the vet, whatever... And, it's an amount of leave that would be
considered "normal" in the industry for vacation, with no extra days
to compensate for sick (2 weeks per year to start, after 7 years 3
weeks per year).

I hope someone's comment about doing the work at home, and then
going to work and doing personal stuff for the day was a joke. If you
are so busy at work that you can't afford to take the time off when
sick, then you are certainly too busy to do personal stuff at work.

Dana W.

>From a single set of Word documents, create online Help and printed
http://www.doctohelp.com

archiver -at- techwr-l -dot- com