RE: FrameMaker graphics: Link vs Embed

Subject: RE: FrameMaker graphics: Link vs Embed
From: "Meier, Joel" <Joel -dot- Meier -at- thomson -dot- com>
To: "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Wed, 26 May 2004 14:21:03 -0600

I do not know where a whole discussion might exist.

I link because it allows me to reuse from a single source and update the
document dynamically.

If you copy, it makes reuse from a single source impossible (well not
impossible. You will have to copy and paste in all places you used it when
you change the object).

If you link, Frame keeps a link to the source. Linking allows you to use one
object to point to several places and it will update dynamically.

See the following topics(if you have not already):

o Embedding with OLE
o Linking with OLE

in the Adobe FrameMaker Help.

They explain this a little more eloquently that I have.

Joel