Re: FW: Ethics of job-interview testing

Subject: Re: FW: Ethics of job-interview testing
From: "Nora Merhar" <nora -at- helloworld -dot- sh>
To: "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Mon, 31 May 2004 03:18:11 -0000 (GMT)

Eh?

It seems highly unlikely that a company would do this. I can't see any
company taking the time to interview 25 candidates purely to get their
writing samples. And how would you guarantee that you got 25 candidates
who were actually good and did a good job with the assignment? And then if
you didn't actually HIRE any of them, who would compile all the
assignments into some kind of coherent and workable manual?

>From the limited information we received, it seems to me very much as if
they wanted some way to compare all the candidates that might be more
objective. I would think that would be reagarded as a good thing rather
than as a conspiracy theory.

Nora

--
Nora