re: What do I need?

Subject: re: What do I need?
From: "peemo peemo" <peemo -at- hotmail -dot- com>
To: "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Tue, 01 Jun 2004 18:22:15 -0500

Seth queried:

What more would you recommend? Are there certifications, licenses, degrees, or simply more official work experience that I must first have?

----
Seth:

Change the objective on your resume.

I took a technical writing course many years ago and the instructor offered to look at resumes. She spent a few moments with each of us, and when it was my turn, offered that same advice.

She told me I'd been doing the work, but just did not have the title. I changed my objective, got a job as a proposal analyst, and then many more tech writing jobs followed.

My work experience showed I had the tools I needed to begin. So do yours.

Some might tell you to take classes, get certified, find a niche, etc. and that is good advice as well. But it all starts with believing in your own talent.

Just do it.

Pam

Watch LIVE baseball games on your computer with MLB.TV, included with MSN Premium! http://join.msn.click-url.com/go/onm00200439ave/direct/01/

in Help authoring technology, featuring Word 2003 support, Content Management, Multi-Author support, PDF and XML support and much more! http://www.macromedia.com/go/techwrldemo