Word template in SharePoint?

Subject: Word template in SharePoint?
From: "Mike O." <obie1121 -at- yahoo -dot- com>
To: "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Fri, 04 Jun 2004 07:23:06 -0400

I need to use a Word template to control a number of documents all checked into SharePoint. I'd like the documents to be attached to the template ("attached" in the Word sense of "linked.").

The template too may be checked into SharePoint, although I suppose I could put it on the LAN instead. How can I get the documents to find the template - Is there some technique for this?

There are a small number of users who edit these documents. Sometimes they edit them in place (opening them in SharePoint), other times they check them out and work on them locally. The users usually have LAN access but not always.

I'm tninking of insisting that this batch of documents be maintained on the LAN and only finished docs be checked into SharePoint.

Mike O.

in Help authoring technology, featuring Word 2003 support, Content Management, Multi-Author support, PDF and XML support and much more! http://www.macromedia.com/go/techwrldemo

From a single set of Word documents, create online Help and printed
http://www.doctohelp.com